The Access to Care Innovator Award seeks to recognize an individual whose passion and creativity allowed them to do more with less to provide dental care for underserved children. It also represents an opportunity for the Foundation to recognize an innovator of our own, the individual who took the first step in leading the Foundation into access to care: Dr. Beverly Largent.
Rewarding passion, commitment, and creativity
The Access to Care Innovator Award shines a light on someone making a big difference for little teeth
Their passion and commitment have led to creative solutions and problem-solving, allowing them to do more with less in order to provide dental care to underserved children.
This year’s winner will receive…
For their agency or organization that may be applied to any expense in support of Access to Care. (Upon receiving award, recipient must specify how the funds are being used).
A trip to AAPD 2024
Airfare and accommodations for the recipient and a guest to attend AAPD 2024 in Toronto, including two tickets to the AAPD Foundation donor recognition reception, where the award will be given.
Overview & Award Requirements
Since 2010, the AAPD Foundation has issued over $10 million in grants and commitments supporting community-based organizations nationwide in their efforts to provide dental care for underserved children. Our grantees are led by committed, passionate, and creative individuals who often toil in anonymity, putting the needs of the children they serve ahead of everything else.
The AAPD Foundation, along with Elevate Oral Care, established their award recognizing a deserving individual for excellence in providing dental care for children from families that cannot afford it. The Access to Care Innovator Award seeks to shine a light on a selected individual whose efforts are making a difference for children in his/her community.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals currently affiliated with a current or previous AAPD Foundation Access to Care Grant recipient (staff member or volunteer), previous Access to Care Grant applicant, or other representative from a 501(C)(3) nonprofit clinic or dental school are eligible for consideration.
- Anyone affiliated with the grantee organization (supervisor, colleague, Board member, grateful parent) may submit a nomination.
- Nominees may be in direct care or supporting roles.
- Individuals may self-nominate, however, third-party nominations are preferred.
- Nominations are now closed. The winner will be announced at the end of March.
- If you have any questions, please contact the AAPD Foundation’s Grants and Programs Assistant Manager Jasmine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-938-4989, between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm CST.